We are all slightly addicted to the sweet taste of sugar, but experts warn us that sugar is actually a poison, and we are not even aware of the amount of sugar we consume..
Read more about the negative effects sugar has on your body:
1. Refined sugar is associated with a wide range of diseases, such as insomnia, dizziness, allergies, nausea, depression, cardiovascular disease, hypoglycemia, hair loss, skin irritation, bleeding teeth, obesity, type 2 diabetes, colon cancer and pancreas.
2. Sugar can adversely affect the mood swings, personality changes, the occurrence of irritability, asthma, arthritis, heart disease, cholesterol and endocrine problems.
3. Sugar is addictive. It releases a substance, similar to an opiate, which activates certain parts of the brain responsible for the feelings of reward and pleasure.
4. A can of juice contains 40 grams of sugar on average, and carbonated drinks are the main source of sugar, not the sweets as we all thought.
5. Sugar consumption is growing in an average of one percent per year, which is faster than the world population growth. Sugar production is growing faster than its consumption, and this product is constantly getting cheaper. In the last decade, the consumption of sugar has increased by 23 percent.
Continue on page 2…