If you have not yet discovered the benefits of cast iron cooking, this article is the thing that will encourage you to try it. Namely, it turned out that it is true that cooking in a cast-iron skillet increases the body`s absorption of this important metal.
So, here below we give you ten reasons for you to buy these pans and enjoy their advantages.
- Cast iron pans have been used for more than 2,500 years. Cast iron was first made during the 4th century B.C. in China and later spread to England in the 12th century. Cast iron pans became popular in the United States during the 18th century.
- Cast iron cookware is toxic free. Moreover, unlike most non stick pans that release toxins into food once scratched, this one is absolutely safe.
- Cast iron cookware supplies you with Iron, every time you cook. It is unique, for it provides with nutritional benefits. Cooking food with cast iron will help boost your iron levels especially when you are cooking with highly acid foods like tomatoes.
- The food is tastier. By cooking in a cast iron pan, you can get the best crust on your food and it simply tastes much better. Not only the food comes out flavored, but it also requires less oil to cook with.
- It is easy to clean. All you need to clean an iron cast pan is a non-abrasive sponge and hot water. Unlike other cookware, you don’t need to use soap when washing it.
- You can use it on your stove top, oven, or charcoal grill. Cast iron cookware can withstand various heating levels without causing damage to the shape of the cookware, so feel free to use it inside the oven and even on top of a charcoal grill.
- It is non- stick. A properly seasoned cast iron skillet is naturally non-stick. This is due to the oils from previous cooking which have been built up and make a natural non-stick coating on the pans.
- It is very durable. You can re-season and recondition cast iron cookware as many times as you want. With proper care, it can last a lifetime.
- Heating benefits. This kind of cookware distributes heat very evenly, unlike many other non-stick pans which do not have the same properties, and cannot be used on high heat.
It is inexpensive. Regarding the fact that the purchase of a cast iron cookware is a lifetime investment, and the price of a new, pre-seasoned cast iron skillet is about $20.00, we recommend you to go and buy your one as soon as possible!