For starters, we are going to say a few words about asthma. Asthma is a respiratory condition that is caused by thickening of bronchial tubes and critical respiratory inflammation.
Some of the asthma symptoms are difficulties in breathing and weakness. If someone coughs or suffocates frequently, it is thought that they suffer from asthma.
People who experience asthma attacks are probably exposed to an allergen and are very sensitive. This happens because of the irritation of the lungs, tightening of the muscle and the increase of phlegm production in the throat.
People who suffer from asthma experience symptoms such as constant coughing, shortness of breath and difficulties in breathing.
In order of relieving the asthma symptoms, people who suffer from it use inhalers. The asthma inhaler is very practical since it can be carried around and easily used in case of sudden asthma attack.
In spite of that, asthma inhalers should not be used frequently because that can be hazardous to your health. That is because this first aid kit contains a lot of chemicals and even steroids. Everything that is not natural can have bad effect on our bodies.
Some asthma patients succeeded to cure their disease by reducing the use of asthma inhalers. However, the first thing you need to do is to make a change in your diet. Include healthy foods that will help you reduce the inflammation and increase your energy levels. Exclude foods that cause harm to your body.
If you start consuming healthy food, you could easily replace the asthma inhaler with it. However, you should know which foods can help you during this process, and which ones you should avoid.
You should always reach for foods that are rich in vitamin C and beta carotene. Drinking carrot juice every day is also recommended because it contains a great amount of vitamin C.
You should also add celery in your diet since it contains a lot of chlorophyll, which has a great effect on detoxifying the liver and intestines. It is recommended to add several stalks of this amazing herb into your meal.
If you suffer from asthma, we give you the recommended dose or portion that needs to be consumed in order to regulate the amount of the recommended foods against asthma. These are the recommended servings:
- lemon juice + a small glass of juice wheat grass
- half a bunch of capsicum + two and a half bunches of watercress + half a cup of lemon juice + ¼ of cucumber + one pineapple
- one cucumber + half a lemon + three bulbs of ripe lemongrass
- six stalks of celery + a bunch of spinach + ¼ cup of lemon juice + two green apples + a bunch of parsley
- one fennel + eight stalks of kale + half a lemon + three pieces of radish + ¼ pineapple
- a cup of cranberry juice + one pomegranate + two cups of strawberry juice
If you want to reduce the asthma attacks, you definitely need to exclude the following foods from your diet:
- citrus fruit
- vegetable oils since they are known for causing inflammation of the respiratory tract
- foods from animal origin, such as milk, eggs and meat
- sodium and mono sodium glutamate, because they can cause narrowing of the bronchial tubes and lead to asthma attacks
- alcohol and soft drinks