There are many studies that have proven that the active compound in garlic, allicin, has the same mechanisms as ACE inhibitors in lowering the high blood pressure levels.
However, preventing creation of the hormone angiotensin II and relaxing the blood vessels are two out of the many abilities of the garlic. Besides that, if you want to lower the high cholesterol levels (LDL), the consumption of garlic is extremely beneficial.
The garlic is known as one of the best vegetables because it can provide many health benefits. Because of its amazing flavor, the garlic is used in the preparation of many dishes.
We can say without a doubt that the garlic is certainly the perfect combination in everything since it is a very delicious, nutritious and healthy vegetable.
Besides the fact that the garlic is extremely beneficial in lowering the blood pressure and cholesterol, it is also the best natural remedy for the immune system.
Recent studies have proven that the regular consumption of garlic will reduce your risk of catching a flu or common cold by 63%. Garlic is also known for its ability to treat Staph infections and ear infections.
Bad breath, heartburn, gas, nausea, body odor and a lingering pungent taste in the mouth are some of the consequences of consuming raw garlic. However, everything depends on the chemistry of your body.
Even though the garlic has extremely beneficial properties, the following group of people should not consume garlic since it may cause severe problems and complications.
- The garlic is the perfect natural remedy for treating circulation problems because it has the ability to make the blood more fluid. In this way the garlic prevents clots which may lead to heart attacks, thrombosis and stroke. This is possible because the garlic contains natural anticoagulant properties.
However, medical experts recommend that the consumption of garlic with anticoagulant medications may lead to excessive bleeding.
- The garlic should not be consumed without consultation with the doctor, if you suffer from any condition that requires prescribed medication.
- People who have problems with the liver should avoid garlic in any cost. That is because the garlic consumption may decrease the liver’s breakdown of some medications or in some cases it can decrease the effectiveness of the medications that are taken for the liver problems.
In fact, the garlic in any form can have adverse interactions with almost every medication, especially birth control medications.
- The garlic can be heavy on the digestive system so if you are one of those people who have a sensitive stomach, you will definitely have to be careful with the consumption.
Therefore, the garlic can make things worse, if you consume it while having an easily irritable GI tract. When it is taken in a combination with stomach medication, the garlic can cause some gastrointestinal counter indications.
- The moderate amount of raw garlic consumption in pregnant women is considered as safe during the pregnancy or the breast feeding periods. However, it is not recommended to take garlic as a remedy during this period.
- You should avoid garlic consumption if you are an individual who has blood pressure that is within the normal rages or tipping to the lower border.
This is because you may further lower the blood pressure, which can lead to many health complications. However, the occasional and moderate consumption of garlic is not harmful for your health.