Probably many people know the danger of smoking, but they keep doing it, since they enjoy the cigarette more, than they worry about their health.
Read about the positive changes that will happen if you stop smoking. Then quit and see for yourself.
- In 20 minutes, your blood pressure will come down to normal.
- In 8 hours, the level of carbon monoxide (a poisonous gas) in your bloodstream will be cut by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.
- In 48 hours, the chances of getting a heart attack will decrease. The whole nicotine will have left your body and feelings of smell and taste will return to normal levels.
- In 72 hours, your airways will relax and your energy will increase.
- In 2 weeks, your circulation will increase and it will continue improving over the next 10 weeks.
- In 3-9 months, coughing, difficult breathing and general respiratory problems will decrease as a result of increasing the capacity of your lungs by 10%.
- In 1 year, the risk of suffering a heart attack will be doubly reduced.
- In 5 years, the risk of getting a stroke will become the same as for non-smokers.
- In 10 years, the chance of getting a lung cancer becomes the same as in non-smokers.
- In 15 years, you will have an equal risk of suffering a heart attack as well as any non-smoker.