A British mother shared images of her baby’s sores caused by herpes simplex virus to warn about the dangers this virus can cause in infants. She also asks people to think twice before kissing a baby.
Few days ago, Amy Stinton shared images of her baby’s sores on Facebook. Here is what she wrote in the description:
“This is what happens 2 babies when been in contact with a coldsore. Oliver now has the herpes virus and will have this for life. Think before you kiss a baby next time.”
Later, Amy added two more images, and explained that she does not have the attention to blame anyone, but to raise people’s awareness, and explain the way this virus affects babies. “I’m not trying to blame anyone, I just want to inform people. Oliver now has the virus, and will have this for life,” she wrote.
In November, 2014, the death of a baby from Queensland, Australia, was associated with the herpes simplex virus. The mother told the story of her baby to make people aware of how serious the virus is.
Medical experts say that babies can get infected with the herpes virus after birth when kissed by a person who has an active sore on their mouth, or if it is touched by a person who has cold sores on their hands.