Microwaving is probably the most favorite way of preparing food today. It is simple, easy and effective and when it first showed up, it was totally revolutionary. However, new suspicions that microwaving may not be as healthy as we think are now arising.
Moreover, there are plenty of other options which are healthier for you to prepare food. By doing so, you will still keep the food’s nutrients and provide your family with healthy meals.
What microwaving does is, it spreads radiation onto the food products through ionization. When a certain product is ionized, it changes the texture, structure and natural composition of that product.
It disrupts the molecules and atoms and their genuine bonding inside the product. The most famous types of ionizing radiation are X-rays, gamma radiation and nuclear medicine (CT scans, barium, swallows and mammograms).
The continuous exposure to heat waves represents a health concern and could cause many issues such as:
- Insomnia: microwaves disrupt the sleeping process due to radiation and hurt the brain
- Nutrients loss: the food will lose all its qualities if it is prepared in a microwave
- Fatigue: obesity and fatigues are direct result of microwave radiation
- Cancer: the radiation provided by microwaves sticks inside the human organism and can lead to cancer
- Reducing antioxidants: microwave ovens destroy all antioxidants inside the foods you prepare, which the body needs to stay healthy and toxin-free
Pay attention to your everyday food preparation and avoid microwave ovens as much as possible.