You know what is SAD? -The Standard American Diet! It contains a lot of processed, fast and genetically modified foods. All of these types of foods have a negative effect since they put our bodies through a lot.
Also, we need to be aware what these foods do to the pH levels. If we only include these types of foods in our diet, we will definitely have unwanted consequences.
Alkaline balance in an organism is of extreme importance for our health. However, if we only consume poor foods, which mean that we are consuming too many acid foods, we will start to deal with a change on the blood pH from a normal alkaline level to harmful acidic levels.
We are going to be more susceptible to diseases because this has a negative effect on our immune system.
If you want to bring the balance back and have positive effect on your general well-being, just start consuming more of the following alkalizing foods.
First, you need to discover the five best alkaline foods:
- Swiss Chard– its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties make the Swiss chard one of the greatest alkaline foods. It also has the ability to eliminate free radicals.
- Melon-it is a super alkaline with a pH level of 8.5. Cleansing the colon is the beneficial property of any melon. Watermelon is rich in fiber and has a 92% water content, ant that makes it especially good for every person.
- Buckwheat-if you want to replace wheat, just choose buckwheat. It will not only kick start your day by providing you with energy, but will also help in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- Olive Oil-the best thing about olive oil is its richness in vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Flax Seed-besides being a great alkaline, the flax seed is also rich in fiber and vitamin E. The flax seed has the ability to reduce inflammation and hot flashes during the menstrual period in women.
Other great alkaline foods:
- Avocado- It has the ability to protect your heart due to its healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Bananas- The banana can be an excellent super-food when it is ripe.
- Berries- Rich in antioxidants.
- Carrots- It has the ability to improve eyesight, and it also contains beta-carotene.
- Garlic- If you need to regulate the blood pressure, the garlic is the perfect vegetable for you.
- Broccoli- If you want to receive cholesterol- lowering benefits, just steam some broccoli.
- Grapes- They can lower the blood pressure due to their richness in multivitamins and antioxidants.
- Pineapple- It is great if you want to lose weight.
- Alfalfa Sprouts- Besides being rich in enzymes that keep the hormones balanced, it is also a food that is easy to digest.
- Lemon- It is one of the most alkalizing foods, which helps during colds, cough and flu.
- Brussels Sprouts- May prevent cancer.
- Sauerkraut- The probiotics can be added to your diet with fermented foods.
- Cauliflower- It is a healthy replacement of bread.
- Grapefruit- If you have a lack of vitamin A and C, the grapefruit is the perfect source.
- Seaweeds- It contains a great amount of iron and are powerful acid reducers.
- Quinoa- It is able to maintain healthy blood sugars.
- Cucumber- If you have skin problems, just consume more cucumber since its 90% water content will make your skin healthy and youthful.
- Parsley- It has the ability to clean the intestines.
- Mango- It is great for cleansing the colon.
- Spinach- It is the ultimate, vitamin-packed vegetable.
- Oranges- If you have a cold, just consume more oranges.
- Papaya- It is a natural laxative that has the ability to keep your colon clean.