Liver is responsible for many important body functions. It produces bile important for breaking fat down, normal digestion and supplying blood with nutrients.
Liver regulates blood composition and the basic biochemical processes in the body and it is also responsible for regulation of metabolism, protein production and neutralization of harmful substances in the body.
Liver detox is recommended as a prevention against accumulation of toxins in the body. But before you decide to purify liver and gallbladder on your own, check for any stones in those organs. It is not recommended to do liver detox if you have liver stones.
You should avoid liver detox in cases of diabetes, acute forms of some diseases, cold, flu and infectious diseases, worsening of chronic diseases, general weakness, stress, pregnancy and lactation.
Radishes Juice for Liver Detox
Wash well 10 kg of radishes and make some juice, without peeling them.
You should get about 3 liters of juice, and keep it in the fridge.
Mix the remains you will get after making the juice with sugar (500 g sugar for each kilogram) or honey (300 g of honey for every kilogram) and keep this mixture in a warm place.
Take one teaspoon of juice, an hour after each meal. Increase the dose gradually until you get to half a cup.
Liver detox should go smoothly, without any problems, and if you feel some discomfort, put warm compresses on the area where liver is located. After you drink the whole juice, start adding two to three tablespoons of drained radishes in your meals. This will not only cleanse the liver but it will also strengthen heart and lungs. Avoid oily and hot food during the process of liver detox.
Beetroot Liver Detox Remedy Recipe
- Wash well three beetroots and cut them into pieces, without any peeling.
- Put the beetroot pieces in big jars (3 liters). Add three tablespoons of wheat flour and 500 g of sugar.
- Keep the jars in a dark place at room temperature for two days.
- Then add 700 g of raisins, four tablespoons of sugar and ½ cup of water.
- Let the mixture rest for a week, and stir it up every day. Strain the mixture after seven days.
- You should get about a liter of juice.
- Take one tablespoon of juice three times a day, 30 minutes before each meal.
- Make a three-month break after you finish the juice.
- Repeat this process two more times after the break, with a three-month break.
- That should be enough to clean the liver completely.