Lean Salad With Tuna, Rice and Olives
We present you a proven lean rice salad with tuna recipe.
A tasty salad is perfect for all sorts of occasions. And here is what it says: “For such rice salads it is best to use brown rice because the grain is harder and does not boil over, it remains whole.
Since it is the season of cucumbers, I used a fresh cucumber, but you may also add 2-3 pickles. I did not put salad oil because I thought that the tuna oil was enough, and that is why everyone should do as desired. ”
So fellows, the only thing that remains is to try it!
- 250 grams of brown rice or plain rice
- 1 can of 160 grams tuna
- 1 medium boiled carrot
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 of small fresh cucumber
- 15 black and green olives
- 5 tablespoons of peas
- 5 tablespoons of corn
- 3-4 tablespoons of marinated mushrooms
- salt and oil to your desire
- Put the rice in boiled and salted water until it softens. Then drain it and rinse it with cold water. Put it in a container.
- Chop the carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms and olives into smaller pieces and add them to the rice. Add the peas, corn and tuna, after you drain the oil a little bit, and mix everything. Add salt and oil to your desire.
- Cover the salad with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to cool down until the tastes join, but if you could not wait, serve it immediately.
Serve the lean rice salad with tuna as an appetizer for a lunch or a festive dinner, name-day, birthday … Good appetite!