Nigela Sativa is part of the Ranunculaceae family, its an annual flowering plant originating from the Mediterranean or West Asia. Its stalk reaches a height of 40cm, whether simple or branched, more hairy, with finely divided, linear leaves, and white or pale blue flowers.
Its fruit looks like long capsule, where numerous black seeds are produced. Most people give it different names – cat moustache, fennel flower, nutmeg flower, black caraway, Roman coriander, and black cumin. Hindu people call it Kalonji.
Today, the use of black seed oil/extract is widely popular throughout the world.
Black seed oil is obtained by cold extraction method. In this process, the oil is not filtrated, because it contains soft parts of the black seed, important for the treatment of various diseases. Since 1959, over 200 scientists have studied and confirmed the 14 century old written and presented experience of the Prophet Muhammad.
Many other cultures and people consider black seeds as a gold mine of health, that cures every disease, except death. In the Orient it is used as a common spice with its characteristic bitter-hot taste.
- Protein 208 mg/g
- Thiamine 15 mg/g
- Riboflavin 1mg/g
- Pyridoine 5mg/g
- Niacin 57 mg/g
- Folic acid 610 mg/g
- Calcium 1 859 mg/g
- Iron 105 mg/g
- Copper 18 mg/g
- Zinc 60mg/g
- Phosphorus 5 265 mg/g
Black seed is used in the treatment of numerous diseases and health conditions:
– Strengthens the immune system
– Increases the vitality and helps overcoming daily fatigue and weakness
– Helps treating gasses caused by bile insufficiency
– It has anti – inflammation, antipyretic, antibacterial and antiviral effect
– Helps in treating coagulation disorders, such as epistaxis and hemorrhoids
– Helps in the treatment of fungal infections of legs, arms, nails
– Regulates the levels of growth hormone, glucose, triglycerides and sperm
– Improves the function of digestive organs and helps in the treatment of constipation, gastric ulcer
– Cures bladder inflammation, nocturia
-Helps in treatments of hair loss, baldness, weak hair and premature hair graying
– Latest studies consider black seeds to be efficient in the fight against cancer and AIDS
Finally, we shall discover the miraculous power of black seeds, actually Cleopatra’s secret. Her beautiful skin and face came as a result to the everyday use of black seed and olive oil mixture, which she rubbed onto her skin. In Ancient Egypt this method was used as a beauty elixir.
Featured image Via: Real Farmacy