Nowadays, many people suffer from some form of depression.
Having depression is very difficult because it affects your mental well-being. There are days where you fell like everything is crushing down. This can have a negative impact on your self-worth, which is very important for your health.
Also, when someone is suffering from a more severe depression, that person may consider suicide. Every person should know that they can make a change and talk to someone who can help. Finding someone close to talk to about your problems will have a positive effect on your life.
Symptoms of depression
If you experience some of these symptoms, you are depressed.
- Feeling sad all of the time
- High anxiety
- Feeling empty
- Feeling of worthlessness and hopelessness
- Feeling guilty all of the time
- Restlessness and easily irritable
- A constant feeling of fatigue
- Difficulties with concentration
- Difficulties while making simple decisions
- Sleeping problems such as insomnia and excessive sleeping
- Suicide thoughts
- Attempting suicide
If you have depression, you should definitely make this turmeric lemonade. This drink will help you a lot through your tough times.
If you want to overcome your depression and lift your spirit, this turmeric lemonade is the perfect solution for you.
Turmeric is a spice that has been proven to be very effective against cancerous cells and also in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease due to its richness in curcumin.
This amazing spice is also filled with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
This turmeric lemonade has also many other health benefits, it detoxifies your body, boosts your immune system to fight infection, reduces inflammation of your joints and is effective against arthritis. It is also able to reduce the risk of strokes and many other cardiovascular conditions.
As we mentioned, this turmeric lemonade is effective in fighting against depression.
How does this drink fight against depression?
The conventional medicine uses prescription medications in order to fight against depression. However, you may experience stomach bleeding, headaches and migraines because these medications tend to have strong side effects. One of the most commonly used medication for depression is Prozac.
One scientific study found that the curcumin, which can be found in turmeric, is as effective as the fluoxetine (Prozac) in the fight against depression. The curcumin is very active against depressive disorder.
But there is a difference, if you treat yourself with turmeric, you will choose the natural way to fight against depression and you will not have the terrible side effects.
Homemade Turmeric-Lemonade Recipe
- 4 cups of cold filtered or sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated or powdered turmeric
- 4 tablespoons of 100% maple syrup, raw natural honey or Stevia (for taste)
- The juice of one and a half lemons or limes
- As an option, you could also add the juice of one blood orange.
- Put all of the ingredients in a small pitcher.
- Stir well, until you receive a homogenous mixture.
- You can decorate your drink with a slice of lemon.