In frames of the World Health organization there is The International Agency for research on Cancer (IARC) that has recently confirmed processed meat is responsible for causing colorectal cancer. This 2015 announcement placed processed meat in the Group 1 carcinogens.
The colon and rectum are the two body parts affected by colorectal cancer. This is also the third most spread type of cancer in America. This cancer is expected to affect more than 95,000 people. Meanwhile, 39,000 people are most likely to be diagnosed with rectal cancer.
The colon plays a very important role in the human organism, since it is in charge of disposing of all waste accumulated in the organism.
This type of cancer can be stopped in 5 out of 10 cases, and the genes are responsible for that. In about 35 percent of the time, this cancer is a result of poor nutrition, 30 percent go to smoking, while 20 percent are a consequence of environmental factors.
The American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) claims that this cancer can be prevented by simply eating right and staying active.
You can also lower the odds for suffering from this type of cancer by 50 percent, by doing the following:
Eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible. Both groups are full with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that cleanse the organism- and this is especially true for magnesium.
Just 100mg of magnesium can lower the cancer chances by 13 percent, and lower the colorectal cancer chances by 12 percent.
Magnesium is a powerful anti-cancer treatment and also reduces inflammation and regenerates the body cells.
Another compound found in vegetables is dietary fiber, which is excellent in the fight against cancer.
Cruciferous vegetables also contain sulforaphene, which is in charge of reducing the cancerous cells and/or annihilating them completely.
By protecting your gut bacteria, achieved by eating plenty of dried plums, you will significantly decrease the odds for cancer.
Additionally, if you add 10g of fiber to your diet, you decrease the chances for colon cancer by 10 percent.
In 2005, one study showed that dried plums “favorably altered colon cancer risk factors” in rats, since they were full of dietary fiber and polyphenols.
If you want to increase your fiber intake, consume more psyllium seed hask, flax seeds, hemp seeds and chia seeds.
Another study, carried out by the Gut journal revealed that people, who have higher levels of vitamin D, are not as exposed to colorectal cancer as those whose levels are lower.
“Evidence suggests protective effects of vitamin D and antitumour immunity on colorectal cancer risk.
Immune cells in tumour microenvironment can convert 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] [vitamin D] to bioactive 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, which influences neoplastic and immune cells
… High plasma 25(OH)D level is associated with lower risk of colorectal cancer with intense immune reaction, supporting a role of vitamin D in cancer immunoprevention through tumour–host interaction.”
This vitamin can be acquired from regular tanning and by taking vitamin D3 supplements. Just be careful to take them at the range from 50-70 ng/ml.
Processed food will only damage your health and expose you to cancer. Processed meat, in particular, is highly forbidden if you want to be protected from colon cancer. Avoid meats likepastrami, bacon, salami, pepperoni, hot dogs, hamburgers and sausages.
You need to be aware of the nitrates in these products, that enhance the smell and taste of the meats. They are the leading cause for cancer.
By consuming red meat, you expose your body to 24 percent more chance for colon cancer.
This meat is especially tricky since it is often packed with glyphosate, an ingredient that destroys the healthy cells and triggers cancer fast.
Red meat also contains heterocyclic mines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, all very cancerous.
If you cannot leave out red meat, consume it cooked on low temperatures (rare).
However, being active is also important for preventing cancer.
One study showed that individuals who exercise regularly are by 30-40 percent less exposed to cancer than those who dare not as active.
By exercising, your insulin levels are lowered, and this can prevent cancer easily.
Another factor that influences the occurrence of cancer is obesity. Be mindful of your weight, as one 2014 study found that over 5 million people aged 16 and more, who add 11 pounds to their body count increase the risk for up to 10 different types of cancer.
Moreover, alcohol and tobacco can be devastating for the body in terms of getting cancer, so make sure to limit your daily alcohol intake to 5-ounce glass of wine, a 12-ounce beer and 1 ounce of hard liquor. This does not apply for smoking, so eliminate this nasty habit for good.
A lot of research has shown that one of the best warriors against cancer is garlic.
Garlic contains plenty of antioxidants and has the power to decrease chances of colon cancer by 35 percent.
To get the best effects of garlic, consume it raw, but chopped or crushed so you receive all enzymes, especially alliinase.
Males and females older than 50, are advised to take regular screening every five years to keep their health in check. Also, you can do ultrasounds that work the same. Polyps are easily dealt with, and by getting a colonoscopy, you will reduce the chances for suffering colon cancer significantly.
Colonoscopy is not as harmful, with 1 in 1,000 resulting in death.
Here are some additional tips on how to stay colon cancer free:
- Avoid sweetened drinks
- Walk regularly and take a minimum of 10,000 steps per day
- Drink green tea, which is full of epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a powerful anti-cancer polyphenol
- Eat steamed broccoli
- Take Brazilian nuts regularly- they provide plenty of selenium that is an important mineral that reduces the odds for prostate, colorectal and lung cancer
- Consume artichokes, which are full of antioxidants and keep you from suffering skin cancer
- Expose yourself to the sun to get more vitamin D into your body
- Combine your meat with spices, beer or wine- this helps prevent cancerous substances when the meat is cooked
- Try consuming ‘resistant starches’, like green bananas- they are full of fiber the body needs to be safe from cancer
- Keep balanced omega-3 and omega-6 fats diet- consume krill oil and steer clear from processed vegetable oil, such as corn, soy and canola oil
- Always sleep in a full dark room, so your body can produce melatonin, beneficial for fighting off cancer
- Consume more onions, rich in quercetin that reduces the odds for colon, prostate, breast, ovarian, lung and endometrial cancer
- Keep away from everyday toxins, like cleaning chemical perc
- Do not consume fried and potato chips, since they are full of cancerous ingredients
- Try including more fermented vegetables in your diet- they are packed with compounds, such as indoles, sulforaphane and isothiocyanates, all able to eliminate cancerous cells.