Whether you’re trying to lose weight, boost your energy or you want to ingest more vitamins and nutrients for the sake of your health, you should consider the benefits of smoothies.
Health smoothies can provide a powerful punch of vitamins, nutrients, minerals and other good-for-you compounds that can aid in a number of health-related areas, including weight loss, diabetes control, blood pressure control and even lowering cholesterol levels.
Choose the right ingredients, mix up a smoothie in the morning and start your day off great. Here are 20 smoothies that will provide you with a powerful nutritional punch.
- Orange Creamsicle – Orange gives this smoothie a healthy dose of vitamin C and Greek yogurt packs a punch of protein.
- Pineapple Perfection – Who needs ice cream? Have this smoothie instead. Mix vanilla yogurt with pineapple chunks and ice. Blend for sheer perfection.
- Banana Ginger Smoothie- When combined, banana and ginger help aid in a variety of stomach ailments, including heartburn, indigestion and nausea. This smoothie can also aid in digestions.
- Berry Good – Combine raspberries, almond or rice milk and a dash of honey, blend and enjoy!
- Blueberry, Banana and Green Tea – Green tea is full of antioxidants and the berries and banana add potassium and loads of vitamins; plus, they make this smoothie taste delicious.
- Sweet and Smooth – This smoothie combines banana, plain yogurt, orange juice and strawberries to create a delicious and refreshing drink.
- Pleasing Papaya Punch – Blend papaya, plain yogurt, pineapple, coconut extract, flaxseed and some crushed ice and you have punch that’s as thick as a milk shake.
- Apricot and Mango Delight – Apricots, mangos, lemons, lime juice, low-fat yogurt and vanilla extract come together to create sheer bliss.
- Kiwi-Strawberry – When a hunger pang strikes, make this low-cal, high-fiber smoothie. Apple juice, bananas, strawberries, kiwi and yogurt are all you need to make this little bit of heaven.
- Blueberry-Banana-Soy – What do you get when you mix blueberries, soy milk, bananas, a dash of vanilla extract and a packet of stevia make this smoothie delectable.
- Berry Vanilla Deliciousness – Raspberries, strawberries, pineapple juice and fat-free vanilla yogurt are all you need to make this amazing concoction.
- Peach Perfect – Use fat-free vanilla ice cream and add frozen peaches, strawberries, powdered ginger and whey powder and you’ll have a smoothie that tastes sinfully delicious.
- Watermelon Cooler – Chop up some watermelon and combine it with fat-free milk and ice. Enough said.
- Pre-Workout Smoothie – Boost your energy levels pre-workout with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, honey and lemon juice. Add some ice, blend and voila!
- Sweet Smoothie – Apricots and peaches are the perfect combo in this delicious smoothie. Use apricot nectar and low-fat peach yogurt.
- Tutti-Fruitti Refresher – What do you get when you mix frozen berries, crushed pineapples, yogurt a banana and orange juice? Why, this amazingly refreshing smoothie, of course!
- Sweet Tooth Tamer – Satisfy your sweet tooth without overindulging and throwing the diet down the drain. Blend frozen berries, low fat vanilla yogurt and orange juice and your craving for sweets will be satiated.